ARKANSAS VALLEY YOUTH LEAGUE RULES
- No tobacco products allowed. Any player caught using tobacco products will be Ejected from the game and not allowed to play the next game. Coaches or umpires are not permitted to use tobacco products on the field or dugouts. Coaches will be ejected from the game violation of the rule.
- Any player or coach ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the Next game.
- Time limits are as follows: Prep and Teeny A- 1 hour, Teeny AA- 1 hour and 30 minutes, Junior A, AA, & Senior- 1 hour and 45 minutes. No new inning can start after the time limit has expired. The game will be declared a tie. If the time limit runs out while the home team is batting and they are ahead the game will be stopped at that point.
- Pitching rules and distance will be per AABA rules. Violation of pitching requirements will result in forfeit of the game.
- Run rules per game will be 15 after 3 innings, 10 after 4 innings, 8 after 5 innings.
- No infield will be allowed for the second game if the time for starting the game has been reached.
- Teams may play with eight players but when the ninth player is scheduled to bat it Will be an automatic out. The ninth player may be added any time he becomes available to play.
- Prep League, Teeny A and AA will use a continuous batting order. A player may be added to the end of the batting order if they arrive before the third inning is completed. If an injury or illness occur and the batter is unable to bat the next batter in line will bat without penalty unless the team fell below nine players and then Rule 6 takes effect. Once a player misses their bat they may not return to the game. There will be unlimited substitutions in the field but a player must play a minimum of six outs in the field if the game goes five innings and three outs if the game goes four innings. If the game only goes three innings any players that did not play in the field must start the next game and play three innings of that game. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. In Junior and Senior leagues if any player does not bat they must start the next game and play 3 innings and bat before they can be substituted for. Junior and Senior Leagues may bat ten players but only play nine in the field.
- The rule for substitutions in games other than Teeny is any player may re-enter the game once in any position in the batting order provided the substitute has completed one time at bat and played defensively for six consecutive outs.
- Protest of any game must be made to the home plate umpire at the time the action was protested or on player eligibility before the game is completed. The protest will be entered into the official scorebook (home team) showing the date and time of the protest as well as the batter, outs, base runners, count on the batter, inning and score. This will have to be followed up in writing to the league commissioner within 48 hours for a ruling. Failure to do any of these steps will void the protest.
- All other rules are per AABA rules.
- Rainouts will be re-scheduled within one week after the rainout. If a date cannot Be reached that is satisfactory to both teams then the league commissioner will set the date. (Does not have to played just scheduled)
- Admission cannot be charged for regular schedule league games.
- Teeny A: A batter has three strikes, a strike is any pitch that is in the strike zone whether the batter swings or not, or if a batter swings at a pitch, fouls balls are strikes but a batter can not be called out on a third strike unless he misses the ball when swinging or is called out for not swinging at a ball in the strike zone. All pitches not swung at and are out of the strike zone shall be called No Pitch and no runners may advance.